Tired of overpaying for sunglasses? Well, there is some brand-new eye protection available on the market, but it may not necessarily be exactly what you’re thinking. Acuvue Oasys with Transitions contact lenses have the ability to correct your vision, but they can also help your eyes adjust to the sunlight once you step outside. Cool, right?
It’s hard to imagine that there are contact lenses that can help adjust to the light, but most people didn’t believe it was true when colored contact lenses became available either. Many people wondered how you could even see through them.
Anyway, according to a recent press release, these new Acuvue Oasys contact lenses are equipped with a photochromic dynamic filter that can seamlessly and quickly adjust from clear to dark and back based on altering light conditions, allowing you to experience soothing vision all day, every day. These contacts can be compared to the transition lenses that you may be familiar with on standard glasses, but these contacts will be far less cumbersome.
This product is the first and only of its kind, and it has been named among the Best Inventions of 2018 by TIME Magazine. This innovation is best suited to those individual who lead a very active lifestyle since these contact lenses can assist in reducing expose to bright lights inside and outside, not to mention the fact that they’re the only lenses that offer 100 percent protect against UVB rays—just think it’s essentially sunscreen for your eyes!
They say they had to overcome a significant tech-related hurdle in order to make these contacts happen. In one clinical study, these contact lenses were shown to be able to reduce the negative impact that light can have on the eyes by assisting your vision in the recovery from bright light in a quicker manner (by up to five seconds) and reducing squinting (roughly 40 percent, on average).
Just so everyone understands—these contacts do not turn an incredibly dark shade when you get outside (you know, the way that transitional eyeglasses might), but the contacts may slightly change colors, although it likely won’t be noticeable by anyone who looks into your eyes. As soon as they are exposed to the sunlight, the Acuvue Oasys contacts will start to darken and reach their full activation in roughly 45 seconds at which time they will be able to block 70 percent of visible sunlight. Once you go back inside, the lenses will fade back to clear from dark within just 90 seconds.
These ground-breaking contact lenses can help you see colors more visibly as well. When compared to Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus contacts, the Transitions contacts offer as much as 38 percent improved color contract and can make your life more vibrant and vivid—or so says the brand.
These Acuvue Oasys contact lenses help you minimize how much squinting you do day in and day out, which has a huge effect on the amount and severity of fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes. While there aren’t any studies that prove these contacts can help prevent fine lines and wrinkles, it doesn’t hurt to have them as a first line of defense, right? Remember, though, these contacts should never replace sunglasses or other forms of eye protection against the sun.
These contacts are available in a two-week reusable lens and great if you lead an active lifestyle. If you would like to learn more about Acuvue Oasys with Transitions contact lenses and if they may be a good fit for you and your lifestyle, give us a call today here at Performance Vision.
- Dominant Eye Test: Determining Which Eye Is Your Dominant Eye
- Protect Your Eyes in the Sun with Acuvue Oasys with Transitions Contacts
- What Are Sports Vision Skills?
- Acuvue Oasys with Transitions Contacts: How Do They Work
- Common Causes Of Eye Issues
- Is 20/20 Really Perfect Vision?
- Basketball and Vision
- Can a Set of Flashing Lights Truly Revolutionize How Elite Athletes Train?
- Cataracts - Causes, Diagnosis, Symptoms and Treatments
- The 411 on Convergence Insufficiency
- Ocular and Visual Migraines: What You Need To Know
- What You Need To Know About Sports Vision Tests And Training
- Age-Related Vision Loss: How You Can Stay a Step Ahead
- Senaptec Sensory Station
- LASIK Surgery Consultation and Evaluation
- Kids’ Comprehensive Eye Exams Cannot Be Substituted
- Understanding the Serious Consequences of Improper Care of Contact Lenses
- What Causes Low Vision? Are You At Risk?
- Are You Unconsciously Hurting Your Eyes?
- Understanding How Sleep Is Important For Your Vision
- Glasses for Children: What You Should Consider
- LASIK Consultation: What To Expect
- Common Eye Conditions And Diseases
- Why Are Eye Examinations So Important?
- Eye Healthy: Foods To Keep Your Eyes Healthy
- 4 Tips to Help You Improve Your Vision and Up Your Game
- Sports Vision Training on the Rise, But Why?
- Understanding the Importance of Eye Exams
- How Does Vision Affect Athletic Performance?
- Improve Reaction Time With Vision Training Drills
- Flashing Lights Is Revolutionizing the Way Athletes Train
- What is Sports Vision?