Healthy eyes are an important part of your overall health. Routine eye exams are important for early detection and prevention of vision problems and ocular diseases. It is especially important for children, as most of their school curriculum and sports practice is presented to them visually.
Healthy eyes are keys to success in the classroom and on the field.
- First exam should be at 6 months of age
- Second exam should be at age 3 or as recommended
- Third exam should be every 1-2 years or as recommended
- Adults ages 18-60 should be examined every 1-2 years, or as recommended
- Adults ages 60+ should be examined annually
- Adults with diabetes or a family history of eye disease may need more frequent examinations