FITLIGHT is revolutionizing athletic training. It's a series of small black disks, each capable of lighting up in six different colors. Along with the interconnected tablet, these simple lights are changing the way elite athletes train. Known as The FITLIGHT Trainer system, the technology is already being used by teams like the Cleveland Cavaliers, Toronto Raptors, Nashville Predators and Vancouver Canucks. Individual athletes like J.J. Watt, Antonio Brown and Steph Curry include the tech in their training.
How did a set of flashing lights become the hottest thing in athletic performance training? Here's how this technology is helping elite athletes take their game to a whole new level.
FITLIGHT Trainers are available in three different bundles—a 4-light system, an 8-light system and a 24-light system. Each system is fully expandable up to 32 lights.
The heart of the system is the tablet controller. Included with each purchased system, the Tablet Controller is where "all light operating functions and protocols are programmed and run." it's also where the data an athlete creates is displayed and stored.
The lights themselves are LED powered, water resistant and have a battery life of four hours. They can transmit data back to the controller from a range of at least 50 meters—outdoors, the range can extend up to 75 meters.
The basic idea behind the FITLIGHT Trainer's applications is pretty simple. "The lights are used as targets for the user to deactivate as per the reaction training routine. Various measurements can be captured for immediate feedback in relation to the user's performance," reads an explanation on the company's website. "During any type of training, specifically speed and agility training, the lights can be deactivated by use of the user's hands, feet, head, or sport/fitness related equipment, either through full contact or proximity with this revolutionary reaction training system."
- The 411 on Convergence Insufficiency
- Ocular and Visual Migraines: What You Need To Know
- What You Need To Know About Sports Vision Tests And Training
- Age-Related Vision Loss: How You Can Stay a Step Ahead
- Senaptec Sensory Station
- LASIK Surgery Consultation and Evaluation
- Kids’ Comprehensive Eye Exams Cannot Be Substituted
- Understanding the Serious Consequences of Improper Care of Contact Lenses
- What Causes Low Vision? Are You At Risk?
- Are You Unconsciously Hurting Your Eyes?
- Understanding How Sleep Is Important For Your Vision
- Glasses for Children: What You Should Consider
- LASIK Consultation: What To Expect
- Common Eye Conditions And Diseases
- Why Are Eye Examinations So Important?
- Eye Healthy: Foods To Keep Your Eyes Healthy
- 4 Tips to Help You Improve Your Vision and Up Your Game
- Sports Vision Training on the Rise, But Why?
- Understanding the Importance of Eye Exams
- How Does Vision Affect Athletic Performance?
- Improve Reaction Time With Vision Training Drills
- Flashing Lights Is Revolutionizing the Way Athletes Train
- What is Sports Vision?